Siding for homes comes in many material varieties. If you are currently looking for new panels to refresh the appearance of your home, here are the most common types:
- Vinyl siding – the most common siding Lincoln NE option that is popular for the low material and installation costs involved as well as for the durability of over 30 years. Vinyl panels come a wide variety of colors and textures, including varieties that mimic the appearance of natural wood or slate;
- Fiber cement – made from a combination of sand, wood fiber, clay and cement, the panels made from fiber cement can last for up to 50 years and are available in a very wide variety of colors and textures. The option is slightly more expensive than vinyl;
- Metal – metal siding comes in panels made from copper, steel, aluminum, zinc and many coated varieties. The solution is eco-friendly and resistant to the elements as well as to pests;
- Wood siding – whether made from natural wood or from engineered wood panels made from wood fibers and resins, wood siding is an attractive option that can be used as it is or can be stained. The option is not cheap and maintenance-intensive, but it compensates with unique beauty;
- Stone veneer – another high-end, attractive and durable option that confers timeless beauty to any building.