Living in Lincoln, Nebraska is a beautiful experience year-round, but autumn brings a few extra special activities to the area! Check out seven of the best things to do in Lincoln this fall brought to you by Home Solutions of Nebraska, so you can take in the gorgeous weather and say farewell to summer.
- Explore the Orchard – Visit Vala’s Pumpkin Patch for a classic autumn experience. Pick your own apples and pumpkins, stroll through the corn maze and catch a hayride. The kids will love the petting zoo and jumping pillow.
- Hit the trails – Take in the natural beauty of the fall leaves on heavily wooded trails in the area. Indian Cave State Park, Platte River State Park and Pawnee Recreation Area all make great day trips from Lincoln.
- Take a hike -Beat the heat and get some exercise with a hike, along the Dismal River. The cooler fall temperatures will allow you to take in the beauty of the Niobrara Valley without the summer heat.
- Go shopping – Take advantage of the fall sales in Lincoln. Visit the college town’s vintage shops and discount stores for unique fashion and home décor items.
- Wine & dine -Check out the downtown area for great restaurants, bars and wine tastings. You will not want to miss the amazing local microbrews like Zipline Brewery and Platinum libations from the Brewseum!
- Culture & arts – Visit the Sheldon Art Museum or the University of Nebraska’s art galleries for amazing fall exhibits. Musical performances, plays and even comedy shows will keep you entertained too.
- Camp in the fall – Fall camping will allow you to take in the beautiful colors of changing leaves and the smell of fall in the fresh autumn air. Visit Branched Oak Lake for great camping and boating.