Replacing a complete roof system is not complicated and does not affect daily activities. The normal replacement time is between 4 and 10 days, but in some cases, 2-3 days are enough. The length of a roof installation work depends on the complexity of the work, the climatic conditions in which the installation takes place and the roofing team’s experience. Many professionals make roofing Lincoln NE homes seem simple but they are rather complex.
The stages of mounting a roof
- Establishing the type and amount of materials that are going to be used
- Installing the protective foil
Depending on the role it plays, the foil can be of two types:
- Anti-condensation foil – it is installed directly on the roof deck. Its role is to allow the transfer of vapors from the heated indoor space to the exterior. Condensation drops that form on the inside of the cover are collected by this foil and will be evacuated to the gutters.
- Vapor barrier – It is mounted on the thermal insulation and fixed to the rafters.
- Installing the gutters
- Installing attic windows
- Installing the eves and valleys
- Installing the cover materials (they can be shingles, shakes, tiles, or metal sheets) on the roof and chimney
- Installing the necessary accessories
- Installing the downspouts