Clay is one of the most traditional roofing materials, used for thousands of years all over the world and enjoying great popularity in our days as well. Clay roofing is an excellent option for any geographical region, including Lincoln NE – here are some important features that you should know about:
- Extraordinary durability – the average lifespan of clay roofs is 100 years, that is the time that clay tiles can spend on roofs without becoming weak or too brittle;
- Resistance to the elements – clay roofs can stand up to high humidity and arid conditions, to heat and to cold and they are unaffected by fire and insect attacks. The only thing that clay roofs are sensitive to is impact – the material being quite brittle, even mild impact, such as a tree branch falling on the roof, can cause elements to crack or to become chipped;
- Aesthetics – clay confers a classic elegance to any roof and the material is available in a wide range of colors, textures and designs;
- Easy installation and repair – clay tiles are installed individually, respecting the instructions regarding the overlap and the application of the fasteners, therefore clay roofs need to be installed by expert roofers, but the process is quite quick, just like repair;
- Weight issues – one feature that can limit the use of clay on modern buildings is the weight of the material: being among the heaviest roofing materials, clay can only be used on buildings that are solid enough to support that weight. For professional roof installation, call on https://homesolutionsofnebraska.com/.