When choosing windows for your home, it is essential to consider the details of the local climatic conditions. Below, you can find a small guide to help you choose the most effective types of windows for your home in Lincoln, NE.
- Avoid windows with a single sheet of glass. The insulating space in modern windows with two or three panels is much more beneficial for improved heating and air conditioning control.
- Outdated window frames are not recommended because they are ineffective regarding energy efficiency.
- After choosing the windows, professional Lincoln replacement windows installation is the key to enjoying all their benefits.
Aspects regarding the glass
Choose a glass with a low U factor and emission coating (Low-E glass), which reflects the sun, reduces the effect of blinding light, and ensures better energy efficiency every season.
Aspects regarding the frames
- In Lincoln`s climate, composite window frames are better than wood frames because they provide better insulation, look stylish, and cannot be damaged easily.
- Vinyl is another good choice for window frames because it is durable, provides excellent energy efficiency, and has low maintenance requirements. Its aspect, though, is not so much appreciated by the most demanding building owners, as it does not have the authenticity of natural materials (e.g., wood). Therefore, it may not be a good match for historic or other old and classy buildings.