Installing a metal roof on your newly bought Lincoln Home is a decision you must make carefully. Metal roofs offer many benefits, but there are some essential factors to consider before you make a final choice. Below are some of the advantages and disadvantages of metal roof installation:
- Increased lifespan – metal roofs can withstand harsh weather conditions like hurricanes, hail, snow, and rain. This means that a metal roof can last up to 60 years with proper maintenance, compared to only 15 to 20 years for an asphalt roof.
- Lower maintenance – metal roofs can stop snow, ice, moisture, and debris from entering your home and are not prone to cracking or rotting like asphalt roofs. With regular cleaning and inspection, these roofs are low maintenance and can last for many years.
- Energy-efficiency – metal roofs reflect sunlight and help keep the temperature inside your home cool. This helps to reduce your electricity bill and keep your home comfortable during the summer months.
- Higher cost – although metal roofs can last longer and require low maintenance, their initial installation cost is higher than asphalt roofs.
- Noise – metal roofs can be rather noisy when it rains or when exposed to strong winds. However, this can be reduced by adding an insulation layer over the roof.
Installing a metal roof on your newly bought Lincoln Home can be an excellent investment just make sure you have the best roofers in Lincoln do the install. Still, before making a final decision, weighing the advantages and disadvantages is crucial in determining whether it is right for you.