Clean, bright windows will make your home look much more attractive, from the inside as well as from the outside. Here is how to step up the efficiency of your window cleaning method:
- Climb safely – ensure that the chair or the ladder that you climb on is sturdy and safe;
- Pick a dry day and a time of the day when the sun is not shining directly on the window – direct sunshine can blind you and it also dries the water that you use for the cleaning before you can remove all the spots;
- Remove dust before applying water – moisture will turn dust into mud, which is very hard to remove, so grab a soft, dry piece of cloth and wipe the window before moving on to the wet phase;
- Pick a good glass cleaner and spray the liquid on the glass – whether you use a cleaner from the store or you prepare your own liquid, spray it generously on the windowpane. Start on the exterior side – that is usually dirtier;
- Use a paper towel to remove the foam – you will need plenty of towels and you will also need to move quite fast, removing the cleaning liquid before it dries.
- Repeat the process until you achieve perfect cleanliness on the panes as well as on the frame. For those windows that are scratched or stained you may want to discuss window replacement Lincoln area options.